Monday, May 01, 2006

Day 2

For breakfast this morning I made the rich and simple pancakes from CalciYum! and topped them with some leftover raspberry maple syrup from Vive le Vegan. I also had a yummy orange with it. The pancakes are made from whole wheat and soy flour with allspice and cinnamon. There's also soft tofu, figs and maple syrup in the pancakes. These were pretty good. I made the pancakes pretty small so they required less cooking time. I also halved the recipe. I ate outside this morning in the sun to get some Vitamin D too :)














Lunch was leftover pilau and I also had a snack of edamame, an apple and a few almonds.

Dinner was Monday's dinner from Vegan Cooking for One, peanut butter-y stirfry. The veggie stirfry consists of onion, carrots, green beans, collards, and bean sprouts with tofu and a peanut sauce. It was pretty good. I don't like eating cubed tofu so I mashed it up and browned it, which I do like. It made a lot of food again but I was ravenous and ate most of it. Oh yes, it was served on a bed of brown rice. So I didn't get much variety in my grain servings today, but that will change eventually.














Billy and I went for a walk at sunset tonite. It was so nice out today! I love spring :D

5 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

These are two wonderful looking meals, Melissa! I try to follow meal plans in cookbooks but end up straying and not liking a meal or two, but I'm getting better. Keep up the good work!

Melissa said...

Thanks Jess :)

Melissa said...

Sigh...I've been avoiding putting up the spam control but I just might have to...how terribly inconvenient

Anonymous said...

Nice. The raspberry sauce looks good. I love raspberries, raspberry jam...so I'll probably love raspberr sauce!

Melissa said...

megan...once you try the berry syrup, you'll never go back to regular ol' maple syrup :D