Sunday, January 28, 2007

Two for One

Two posts in one day! I'll be eating leftovers for dinner the next couple of days, so I won't post much but my lunch. Tonight I used up some kale by adapting a recipe in Calciyum. Kale and sundried tomatoes. This had onion and garlic and veg stock, and it was yummy. One of the best kale sides I've made, since I'm not usually a huge fan of kale on its own. It went nicely with my burrito. The avocado sauce I made on Friday has had a chance to settle in the fridge, and I don't know if its the soymilk or what, but it doesn't taste right to me. I would prefer guacomole, but hey, you gotta try new things!
Oh, and for anyone who plans on making the chipotle burritos from Vive le Vegan, unless you're feeding a family of 4-6 people, I suggest you make the burritos separately. I've been making one at a time, but keeping the filling in the fridge and rolling it up in a tortilla when I need it. That way you don't have soggy leftovers. And it gets better everyday :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

what a photo -- those colors really pop. it's Cristmas on that plate!

and thanks for the burrito tip. much appreciated!

KDL said...

I just found your blog while searching around! I'm a full-time student too and I make all my own meals. It's nice to know there's someone else out there doing the same!