Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Alfredo

Billy and I had tofu "alfredo" from Candle Cafe Cookbook today for dinner. The colour isn't very appetizing and I couldn't get a picture, but its yummy. B says it doesn't taste like regular alfredo but that it's really good anyways, and really garlic-y! We decided to make it chicken alfredo, so we used PC Blue Menu Meatless Chicken Strips. Mmmm, these things are great! I like the texture better than Yves. The pasta, topped with some faux parm and parsley was yummy! And the delicious garlic bread helped too ;)
Thanks for all the get well and birthday wishes...I'm feeling better but still not 100%. Good enough to make cupcakes though ;)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey, I just saw that stuff at the store the other day and I was wondering if it was any good! Thanks for the review! I'll have to try it out.

Melissa said...

raising kahne, thank you :) I made the low fat vanilla cupcakes from VCTOTW...I'm on a healthier eating kick right now.

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better!

I also bought those 'chicken' strips, but one whiff of the bag just turned me off :( I hope to make my own seitan more, but for quick stuff, I'm going to use Yves.

Too bad I couldn't send you my bag of these!!!

moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

I tried the "beef" strips tonight, it was sooooo Good, i read your blog, so i was on the hunt for them, i found them at provigo.

Ill try the "chicken" next.