Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Yummy Sunday

While I am cooking, I'm not cooking as much, since I have lots of leftovers to eat...which is part of the plan. Leftovers are a big help when you're at school/working late. I spent all day at work yesterday. I walked there, ate my last calzone and started my lunch shift. I ended up having to work straight through til dinner, meaning I got about 2 minutes to eat my dinner standing up. 9.5 hour shifts are horrible! By the end of the night, I could barely stand from a pain in my back, and then I got to walk home! But enough whining.

Breakfast this morning was Claire's Couscous porridge from Garden of Vegan. Soymilk, couscous, nuts and dried fruit. I left out the coconut. What I like about this recipe is that you can vary the nuts and the fruit, so its always a little different. I made mine with peanuts and cranberries.


I also prepped some lentil-rice balls from Vegan Lunch Box last night, so I just had to put them in the oven this morning. Most of them are for lunch this coming week, but there were two left over so I had them for lunch with tomato sauce (also from Lunch Box, that I had frozen), some cheese and whole wheat bow ties. Mmm mmmm good. The lentil-rice balls have a great cumin taste.

4 comments:

madeinalaska said...

From one back pain suffer to another.. I feel your pain..
Do you stretch? streching always helped me. Notheing gung ho..just gentle movements.

Did you like the lentil balls? I did.. My little kids -not so much.

Here’s to hoping you have a great week.. Take care I hope you feel better.
Julee

Melissa said...

Julee, I only stretch after doing weights or workouts. I suspect that's why I was sore as I recently just started doing weigths again. But I'm going to try and add stretches to my day. Thanks!

I like the lentil balls, although I end up mushing them up to distribute them in the sauce ;)

Judy said...

Couscous and quinoa are great for breakfast, made with soymilk and cinnamon and fruit. Yum!

Your balls look nice :)

Kati said...

I need to make those lentil balls! The pasta dish looks really inviting. It's hard to believe that I've had VLB ever since it came out and haven't made a single recipe from it yet. Shame on me!