Friday, March 02, 2007

Thank Goodness for Leftovers

Wow, I think this week was probably the toughest one I'll encounter this semester (not counting exams). Between the assignments and midterms, there was no time for cooking. Thankfully, the lentil patties from Vive lasted me all the way to today. I had wanted to make something new today, but I'm beat.

Lunch this week was from Vegan Lunchbox again. A wheat free peanut butter and jam muffin, an apple sauce tube, air popped popcorn and veggies with hummus. The muffins without the jam are a bit bland (there's only 1/4 cup of maple syrup) but the really sweet jam piped in balances it well. I found the President's Choice "Smooshies" or apple sauce tubes last weekend and was happy to see a typical kid's lunch snack that was actually healthy.


I have tomorrow night off (hell has subsequently frozen over) and I am thinking of trying a risotto....oooooooo, scary!

2 comments:

Sheree' said...

Hope you can relax this weekend in the kitchen. :o) Good tip for the applesauce. Hang in there.

Tracy said...

Oohh....that muffin looks so pretty! And those "smmoshies" are pretty cool, I just discovered them this week myself. They're great for the kids lunches...being something colorful and "store bought" it helps them feel more, well, "normal", I guess would be the word, since their lunches are pretty different from everyone else's otherwise.