Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Still here....

Despite my lack of posting, I have cooked a little. I made a vegetable curry from La Dolce Vegan, but ate the last of the leftovers today without taking a picture...whoops. It was too spicy for my liking, but that can be fixed next time. I liked the chickpeas and loads of veggies (zucchini, red pepper, spinach, etc).

Hopefully, I'll have a picture of my lunch for you tomorrow.

I've been doing a placement from 9-5 and its very tiring, so posts may be a bit scarce for a bit. Also, this week I started a wheat free diet to see if it helps with my skin. Its so hard!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Could you use spelt? Or are you staying away from all wheat type things?

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I am so inspired...you make "me" want to cook like you. Good thing we actually have you !

Mother's day is fast approaching..and I remember the cheese cake from your birthday very well...hint hint

XXX OOO

Mom

Melissa said...

I have been using spelt, although I know I shouldn't. I realized after I ate the cookie that it had spelt flour, haha.

Carrie™ said...

I'm curious...as a sufferer of eczema and psoriasis, what sort of skin trouble do you have. I'd also be curious to get your thoughts on being wheat free. Did it help?

Melissa said...

Carrie, I think what I have is eczema. I say "I think" because when I brought it up to my doctor, she barely looked at it and called it "dry winter skin"...yeah I don't think so. So far, my skin does look a bit better, but it'll take longer to see more results. Its still itchy too. I plan on seeing a naturopath, but can't do so until June.