Monday, August 16, 2010

It tastes good like pepper, but crunchy like a bell.

Ah, Homer...haha.

Billy and I planned our meals together this week to save on groceries, and also, it's nice to occasionally eat the same thing for dinner together!

He has always like stuffed peppers so I thought I'd try a new recipe.

Stuffed Pepper Boats- 125 Best Vegan Recipes

These are stuffed with rice, tomatoes, seasoning, sausage, mushroom, and onion and topped with cheese. The cheese should go on in the last few minutes under the broiler, rather than at the beginning, because it does not melt!

These are delicious...Billy wolfed his down, which translates into "success!".

Banan-o-rama Green Smoothie- Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Foods

Billy doesn't eat a whole lot of greens, or fresh veggies for that matter...unless I plunk them down in front of him. So when he said he loved the spinach mango smoothie I made last week, and then proceeded to pick out TWO smoothies with kale in them....well, you couldn't get me to the grocery store fast enough!

This one has kale, frozen banana and tropical fruit and apple juice. It's so sweet that you don't mind the slight kale aftertaste. The other one had strawberries and pineapple and had a stronger kale flavouring. Also, it wasn't a pretty green colour, so I won't be showing it.

I love these smoothies when I sleep in. Something light and healthy to hold me over til lunch.

I just ordered some Daiya cheese for the first time, so I'm very excited to start cooking with it!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I must give the spinach/mango smoothie a try it sounds like something I would also like.