Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fashion Show

No new food just yet. I'm still eating leftovers. My pistachio rosewater cupcakes went over very well at work, so I think they're a go for the baby shower next month. Tonight is the start of our girls' fall/winter cooking and knitting night, so I should have some pics soon from that.

In other news, I have finally finished (wow, its really hard to type while a dog is licking your fingers!), Dill's dog sweater. I bought this yarn because I loved the colour combo of brown and blue, but realized I wouldn't really want to wear it myself...so a doggy sweater made sense, especially since dog clothes in pet stores don't really fit dachshunds properly, and cold weather is upon us. I should've made the end of the turtleneck looser, but I think it will stretch and look more natural with wear.




The pattern is from the Stitch n' Bitch book. There's a matching human sweater, but I'm not going there!

7 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh my god, too cute!!! And I would really like to see you two in matching outfits... ;-)

Veggiable said...

Oh, how cute! I made a sweater just like that (minus sleeves) for my god last winter.

Jenn and Jac @ sketch-free eating said...

Haha! what a little doll :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Great job!

do you mind if i knit said...

Oh! Too perfect! So very adorable, what a finely clad little doggie. I like brown and blue too, but it has to be that duck egg blue you've got in your combo. I think you should most definitely go for the matching human sweater! Thank you for your suggestion of a wide belt, I think you're spot on there, it would finish the dress of wouldn't it? Love Vanessa xxx

Katherine said...

The doggie sweater is freaking awesome! My puupy hates to get dressed up (I have pom)

yan! said...

nice vegan blog! nice sweatered dog!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbvoE0cUcsg