Saturday, April 02, 2011

Knitting Update

I got a Michael's gift card from my brother and sister in law for my birthday. So I splurged and bought two skeins of organic cotton, which was 11$ a skein. So worth it! It is so soft and I love the earthy colour. I made a soft basket with it, which is currently holding more yarn! I have almost a whole skein left (as seen in the picture), and I've already cast on with it to make a cute pointy elf hat for a baby.






Also, I just finished these fingerless mitts using the leftover yarn from my socks. I made them the bigger size, because I have big hands, but even then, they are loose. I'm a loose knitter and need to remember that! These are finished just in time, while the weather is warming up and my winter mitts are becoming a bit warm.


I finished those baby socks I showed a while back. Still working on that darn pillow cover. I also finished a baby bonnet but don't have pictures yet.

The local yarn store has started stocking summer yarns, which means more cottons, viscose, linen, bamboo, and less wool. So I will be stocking up and hopefully starting some more projects.

Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

Polana Fowdrey said...

This yarn looks lovely and natural. There is something really gorgeous about cotton and I love the idea of using more "sustainable" organic yarns, like bamboo as well. I'm knitting a jumper for my partner which is (sadly not vegan) wool/acrylic mix, which is the best yarn I could source locally, but the colours are amazing! Love your mittens! =)

PixieRoseDresses said...

i really wish i had the patience to knit! love your stuff!!

Rjkimpex said...

They Shem very Practical and They are beautiful! Love the teal blue!
http://www.rjkimpex.com