Saturday, October 01, 2011

Whoops

Two months since I posted...yikes. Buying the house, fixing it up and moving in was a huge drain, not to mention kicking off a new school year! I've been cooking a bit but not bothering to take pictures. Til now!

I'm also hosting Thanksgiving next weekend, so there will lots of pictures from that.

Cupcakes!
Just basic chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting and various sprinkles. These were made for a BBQ night that we had at our place in August to celebrate the end of the mixed league baseball season.


Cheezy cream of broccoli soup- Skinny Bitch in the Kitch

As the weather gets colder, I turn to soups to comfort me. This is a very yummy soup with daiya cheese in it. I was expecting a more orange soup but the daiya doesn't melt all the way into the soup. It's nice and thick though. Skinny Bitch gets a bad rap for having lots of "junky" recipes that use lots of vegan cheese and meats. But every once in a while I get a craving for those kinds of foods, so I like it!




Attention readers: any recommendations for great crowd-pleasing vegan Thanksgiving recipes?

1 comment:

Catherine Weber said...

I made a fully vegan Thanksgiving last year, as part of Vegan MoFo -- if you click on the "Thanksgiving" label in my label cloud, you'll find all of my posts. I think I linked to all of the recipes I used!

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you make!