Saturday, May 11, 2013

Baby Ian is here!

After 9 long months (and then some), my handsome baby boy, Ian Robert, is here! We did not know the gender before hand so it was such a treat to find out. Pretty much everyone I know either thought it was a girl or wanted it to be a girl, but there can be no disappointment for this precious gift we've been given. My labour did not go the way I wanted and I ended up with an emergency C-section to get him out safely, but it doesn't matter anymore.


We will be subsisting on frozen meals I made before Ian arrived so I don't know how many food updates I'll have for the next few weeks but here are a couple of things I made in the last week of my pregnancy.

Chocolate Mint Oreo Cupcakes- Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
HUGE fan of having the cookies in the batter :) I made these for my sister's birthday dinner.
 Hot and Sour Soup- La Dolce Vegan
I was missing a few ingredients for this so it was pretty basic...but also very yummy and quick, which is great when you can only stand for ten minutes at a time ;)

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Congrats - he is so cute!

Babette said...

Congratulations, Melissa!

Your baby boy is beautiful!