Saturday, May 11, 2013

Baby Ian is here!

After 9 long months (and then some), my handsome baby boy, Ian Robert, is here! We did not know the gender before hand so it was such a treat to find out. Pretty much everyone I know either thought it was a girl or wanted it to be a girl, but there can be no disappointment for this precious gift we've been given. My labour did not go the way I wanted and I ended up with an emergency C-section to get him out safely, but it doesn't matter anymore.


We will be subsisting on frozen meals I made before Ian arrived so I don't know how many food updates I'll have for the next few weeks but here are a couple of things I made in the last week of my pregnancy.

Chocolate Mint Oreo Cupcakes- Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
HUGE fan of having the cookies in the batter :) I made these for my sister's birthday dinner.
 Hot and Sour Soup- La Dolce Vegan
I was missing a few ingredients for this so it was pretty basic...but also very yummy and quick, which is great when you can only stand for ten minutes at a time ;)

3 comments:

C said...

Congrats - he is so cute!

Babette said...

Congratulations, Melissa!

Your baby boy is beautiful!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com