Sunday, December 02, 2012

Surprise!


This time there's a good reason that I haven't posted in so long...first trimester fatigue!

Billy and I are expecting our first child in late April. We are over the moon and anxiously preparing for the arrival of little Baby Vegan. I have been cooking as much as possible but not taking pictures. Some days its all I can do to throw together something semi-healthy for me and my passenger. Now that I'm into the second trimester my energy levels are much improved, so hopefully I'll be updating with some yummy food soon.

Last night, I made a delicious veggie lasagna from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food, and tonight I made a simple black bean soup from the same book.

I hope to feature some posts about my vegan pregnancy in the coming months, but be patient with me...it's the holiday season after all :) I'll start by saying that my doctor knows I'm a vegan and has no issue whatsoever with it, especially when she saw my higher-than-average iron levels! So any concerned family members out there...I got this. I'm a smart cookie and would not do anything to harm this precious gift that we have been waiting for for so long.

Lots of love!!

5 comments:

Babette said...

Congrats!

I'm happy for you =)

Anonymous said...

this very happy family member is not concerned at all! We couldnt ask for a better caregiver to our precious grand baby to be !!! xxxxoooo luv gramma D !!!

Isabel said...

Holy cow congrats! Maybe there's something going around in the (vegan) water because Jennifer from http://www.itaintmeatbabe.com/ just had a little boy!

Uh...is this pregnancy thing catching? eep!

Claudia said...

Congrats, Melissa! That's so wonderful to hear - and please keep us posted about your vegan pregnancy! :-)

My Vegetarian Dating said...

congratulations!

I really hope it goes well.

http://www.myvegetariandating.com/