Sunday, January 15, 2006

Breakfast Rules!

I figured that since its Sunday I can treat myself to a great breakfast, instead of oatmeal or cereal (which are still good for breakfast!). You have to mix it up if you want to stick to a healthy diet. Plus these banana pecan pancakes are pretty healthy anyways. Another miracle from Sarah Kramer. I put about a tablespoon of maple syrup on mine ( I only needed one to feel full!) and had a bunch of grapes with it. I ate mine too fast and forgot to take a picture so I took a picture of Billy's, which he had with cantaloupe. The sweetie got out of bed before me and started making the pancakes for me. :D Of course, he's picky and didn't like having something crunchy in his pancakes (although he loved them anyways) so next time I'm going to keep the pecans but grind them up a bit. The banana flavour was spectacular!















More leftovers for lunch, but that pot pie just keeps getting better and better...it holds up more every day. I was going to have plain old fruit for a snack ( I was actually craving it) but decided to make it look and feel more desert-y so I don't feel deprived. I blended up some different frozen fruit that I had laying around, like a kiwi and cantaloupe mix, a little bit of rhubard and raspberries. I pureed it with some water and soymilk to smooth it out and voila!
















A fruity type of ice cream/sorbet. Its enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Also, I know I'm going to want to make desserts and stuff as the weeks go by. I think I'll flip through my Vegan Cooking for One cookbook. There's a bunch of recipes for desserts that only make one serving! That way I can have a little something after dinner, be satisfied, and not be tempted by leftovers, like a whole cake! Examples: Apricot Brown Betty, Gooseberry Dessert, Rhubarb and Date Cream, Nutty Plum Crumble, Rich Chocolate Pudding, Fudge Custard, etc. Most of them involve fruit.
I just ordered from Amazon: Slim the Vegetarian Way for 20 cents. The book is out of print so people are selling their copies online. With shipping it came to 1o bucks lol. Hopefully its got some good tips in there...if not, meh it was 20 cents!
Oh ya, I walked to and from work yesterday and I think I will do the same today! Exercise is great :)

No comments: