Friday, January 20, 2006

Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies


Have you made these yet? They're from Vive le Vegan! by Dreena Burton. If you haven't made them, do it! They are so good! I'm allowing myself one cookie, with a nice big glass of cold Vanilla Silk soymilk. These are just like the ones you used to have. They're soft on the inside and have just the right amount of slight crunchiness that I love! These are right up there with the ones from La Dolce Vegan and How It All Vegan.



My sister is eating some right now. Somehow my family never minds eating my baked goods but avoids my other meals like the plague. And Billy is on his way home with the assignment of eating all the rest of the cookies to remove the temptation!

In other news, humankind just might stand a chance. I went to the elementary school where I'm doing my practicum today and in geography class the teacher was talking about animal adaptation and ecosystems and such, and how us humans disrupt everything. The kids had plenty of questions: "Are we bad?"; "Is there anything we can do?" and the likes. The teacher was great at answering everything, and they talked about pollution, how we can help and all that. I so wanted to jump in and tell them about how so much of their daily diet can be destructive to Mother Earth too. Anyways, all in all, I had fun, and I actually got to walk around the class and talk to the students about their science fair projects.

As I was writing that last paragraph, my sister went back for a second helping of cookies...that means they're half gone since I took them out of the oven like 15 minutes ago! mmmm that hit the spot!

Have a nice day...oh and Sarah, I hope your back feels better soon! xoxo

No comments: