Friday, January 13, 2006

Its alive!


Some of my seeds in the herb jar are already sprouting! I wrote down on a paper what hole I planted each type of herb in, but I can't find it, so I don't exactly know what's sprouting, but time will tell! I think its the basil...mmmmmmm They're my little babies and they're so cute! heehee

Anyways, still doing good on the healthy eating thing. I don't know if I ate enough yesterday, my snacks were only produce, so I'll have to work on incorporating crackers or nuts (I had almonds today for my snack) or maybe some healthy muffins.

I would be posting stuff from yesterday, well, yesterday but our internet isn't working right now, so I have to wait til I'm at school and have some extra time.

So yesterday for lunch I had some leftover portobello pot pie (its even better the next day) with steamed yellow beans and cucumber.



And last nite, I wanted to make a lasagna for Billy, because its one of his favourites. I found a recipe for "cheesy" lasagna on vegweb.com and figured I'd try it because with Billy, the cheesier the better. The recipe calls for 16 oz. of spinach, I just bought two boxes of frozen spinach, and ended up using not even half of one box, it was enough. But of course, when I asked Billy for his opinion, he said to use less spinach next time. He said overall it was ok but the spinach was a bit overpowering. I actually agreed with him on my first bite, but I got used to it, and I think it was a good lasagna. Not the best I've ever had, but still really good. The Tofutti cream cheese really did add something nice.


So now I have a half eaten portobello pie and almost a whole lasagna I have to eat before they go bad! I don't think Billy will really want to eat the leftover lasagna. I wonder if it would freeze well? What's a girl to do, when she's trying to eat healthy and has so much food! lol I'll just have to keep eating one for lunch and the other for dinner.

As for the exercise thing...I really wanted to go for a walk yesterday, but its been raining, so everything is either slushy or frozen over and dangerous! I work today and I've used a pedometre at work before and found out that on an average shift where its pretty busy, I get about 10 000 steps in! So I'm going to try and stay moving, even if there's not much to do and the restaurant isn't very busy.

No comments: