Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lots-o-Food

I think I'm going to be at school all day tomorrow (8:30 am to 8-9 pm) so I'm going to bring lunch and dinner, plus snacks, with me. I could go home between labs, but I'll lose time. I can just work on my experimental methods lab before it starts at 6 and hopefully hand it in right away.
So, here's what's on the menu:

For lunch:
Leftover green split pea soup, an apple, and a President's Choice Too Good to Be True Vanilla soy pudding. Have you ever had it? They also have chocolate. They're great! Its a nice 100 Calorie snack when the munchies set in.

For Dinner:
Sherri's Black Bean Chili (From La Dolce Vegan), with 10 sesame rice crackers, 2 cups of raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots), and tomato juice.















Sorry that I didn't plate the food or anything (Food Network talk), but I figured I could show you guys the food while at the same time getting my food ready for tomorrow ;).

I had the chili today for dinner. If you can call it dinner! Maybe on the go dinner. The chili was good, but unfortunately I had to eat it out of a coffee thermos on the way to school! I just barely finished my lab assignment before I had to leave for the lab. So I warmed up the chili, put some Silk Chocolate milk in another mug and grabbed some celery. And I ate it all while driving. While I may have been a hazard on the road, I have to say it was a pretty good meal. The chili is very spicy, but not too spicy. You can alter the spicyness by leaving out some of the green chilies or adding more (if you're crazy!).

Once I finish off the leftover soup and chili, I have plans to make a few things from Calci-Yum. I bought the book at the book fair at school for only ten bucks! I've made a few things from it, and in my quest to better use all of my cookbooks (as good as LDV is), I'm going to make a soup from it and a casserole, I think. I'll be sure to post some pictures when they're done!

And now for no reason other than to put up another picture, here's my cutie, I somehow managed to get him to look at the camera!!














I ate pretty healthfully today. Oatmeal for breakfast with fruit, leftover Smoked wheat sandwich with veggies and fruit, and of course, the chili. And I didn't eat after 8 pm, as much as I want to. C'mon fat, burn off! :P I didn't eat many veggies today, so I stopped at Smith's market on the way home to pick up some veggies to snack on at school tomorrow.
My current temptations include a fudgie brownie recipe calling my name...resist, Melissa, resist! At least until next week ;).

Have a good night! :D

2 comments:

Danielle D. said...

I should really spend all day at school today too, but I just don't have the motivation (and I don't want to carry lunch, snacks, and dinner). Good for you for no wasting time though.

Oh, and the PC chocolate soy puddings are heavenly!

Melissa said...

Oh, I never said I didn't waste time! I'm at school right now and looking at blogs! ;)