Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fantastic French Toast

I made this recipe from Vive le Vegan!. It looked, smelled and tasted just like non-vegan french toast. It was such a treat! I halved the recipe and it made enough for me to have two and three for Billy. Yes, Billy ate them! He said they tasted just like the ones he used to make. I was so happy he liked it. It warms my heart when he enjoys vegan food. This was an awesome weekend "treat" breakfast.













Then for lunch I made celery cream soup from Vegan Cooking for One. It was good, but the author tends to be a little bland in terms of seasoning, I had to add a lot of salt and pepper. But it was still tasty. My mom even had a bowl of it and liked it! I ate the soup with multigrain rice crackers and some edamame.














This afternoon, after my workout, I made Wolffie's cream cheese icing from La Dolce Vegan to ice the carrot cake cupcakes I made from How It All Vegan. I sampled the icing, and it is delicious! I hope it firms up a bit by tomorrow though so I can decorate the cakes all pretty :). The cupcakes look great. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try them. I'm sure Billy will love them, carrot cake is his favourite. I can't wait til tomorrow, we're celebrating Valentines Day by cooking in his apartment together and enjoying dessert :).















Oh, I weighed myself a day early..I couldn't resist. I lost three more pounds! :) That brings me to a total of seven so far :D.

Well, I'd better go finish off the last of the lentil sunflower pie for dinner before work. Have a great saturday!

5 comments:

Danielle D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle D. said...

Congrats on the weight loss! All of the food in this post looks really yummy.

Unknown said...

Hi, just discovered your blog ~ do you post recipes? Or do you prefer that your readers check out the recipe books for themselves? I only ask because although I am not vegan, I like to cook that way sometimes to counteract the man's diet of red meat and white meat ;D The french toast particularily caught my eye.

Anyway, enough rambling. Looking forward to more posts!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.