Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I made another carrot cake yesterday, to use up the rest of the cream cheese icing. And then I went overboard ;) My brother ate some while I was at school and my mom asked for a few pieces to bring to work, so that left just under half to give to Billy...so he got a half heart ;). It was apparently very busy at work yesterday (the day before V day!) and he had to work from 9:30 am non stop til 11 pm! He couldn't get a lunch break, so he had his leftover burrito pie and cupcake at night when we got home. He got the cutest little boy smile when he saw his cake too, lol, its so easy to please him. I didn't eat any of course ;)













For dinner yesterday I made the chickpea toss with curry from Garden of Vegan, one of my favourites. I threw in half a tomato at the end of cooking to add some veggies. I served it over brown rice garnished with flax oil, Braggs and gomashio. Mmmm mmm it hit the spot. Of course, with a side of edamame, my new favourite food!














I had leftover pinto peans from the burrito pie, so for lunch today, I'm having a pinto bean "mash" with salsa, sour cream and lettuce in a whole wheat tortilla. I would've taken a picture but I'm not assembling it til I'm ready to eat, so it doesn't get soggy.
For dinner, I think I'll make the Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from How It All Vegan. I'll post the picture later tonight if there's time.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That cake looks delicious!!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Okay, cake - ! yum.
And the beans look so tasty too. (this doesn't help when I'm starving). ; )

Carrie™ said...

I love, love, love curried chickpeas. Yours look wonderful!