Sunday, March 12, 2006

Time flies

Wow, I can't believe it is Sunday already! I miss posting on my blog, but its getting late in the semester so I have so much to do. I finally have a few minutes. I didn't do much cooking this weekend, other than bruschetta. But I made some food during the week.
Starting with Oatmeal spicy cookies from How It All Vegan. These were...different. I've never made cookies that involved cumin and cayenne before! They were good, but lets just say I wasn't as drawn to them as I would be to chocolate chip cookies.














I also made Earthy Lentil Soup from Vive le Vegan. Its a good soup, and it makes lots, which is perfect because I have a cold/sore throat again, so soup will do me good! Its absolutely necessary that you serve the bowl of soup with some fresh lemon wedges, the lemon juice takes it from good to great! Its a great way to get some legumes in you!














Billy and I both had Thursday night off and I didn't feel like cooking, so he was in charge. He's not known for cooking healthy foods, but damn its tasty and simple! He used a taco kit and we had soft tacos with ground round. The mock beef, topped with salsa, lettuce, faux sour cream and cheeze was delicious! Needless to say, there were no leftovers! Dessert was Tofutti Cuties...mmm if you haven't tried these ice cream bars before, what are you waiting for? They're pricey but great as an occasional treat. Billy ate an entirely vegan meal with me...that's so sexy ;)
While we ate our tacos, we watched The Man (any of my choices at Blockbuster were overrulled due to the "coolness" of Samuel L. Jackson, according to Billy, teehee).









I had the night off yesterday and Billy had to work, so I indulged and had bruschetta with a rootbeer float (and lentil soup) for dinner! I watched the documentary The Aristocrats, which I thought was pretty un-funny for the most part, and the movie Flight Plan, which I thought was awesome! One out of two ain't bad. I also finally finished my book Geisha, a Life. Everyone told me it was so much better than Memoirs of a Geisha, but I don't know about that. Regardless, it was still a good book.

I came home today to a house full of empties. Looks like my sister had a house party while my parents are out of town :P. Aww to be young again, lol.

That's about it. I have a midterm tomorrow, but after that I hope to be able to cook a lot more and start eating healthy meals again.

1 comment:

sarchan said...

Vegan tacos with Tofutti sour cream and Tofutti Cuties--I'n jealous! Sometimes comfort food comes from a box.