Wednesday, September 12, 2007

And I thought Science was hard...

Oh my...I'm bombarded with work already. I'm used to the first two weeks of school being slack...needless to say, posts might be a little less frequent, although I'm still trying to cook a lot.

Last weekend, I made a fettuccine alfonso from The Uncheese Cookbook. The sauce was made with soymilk, white beans, onion powder, etc. It was good. A little bland, but I added some S&P, and vegan parm to jazz it up a bit.

For lunches, I'll be using Vegan Lunch Box again...so many great ideas! I oven-dried some tomatoes last weekend and used them in a pita with flaxy hummus. Very yummy along with some cucumber spears, fuzzy peaches and some peach yogurt with frozen blueberries.

The first dinner I made during the week was from Vegan Slow Cooker. I did not even bother to take a picture...yuck! Pasta primavera....veggies for primavera are not meant to be cooked that long, I got through three or four bites and threw everything out. Mostly everything I've made from this book so far has been good though.

The next night, I made a simple Shepherd's Pie from Cooking for the Rushed, except I used ground round and made the mashed potatoes vegan. Very good. Billy really liked this too, particularly the spice in the ground round mixture.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey Melissa! Great to see you back at school! Don't worry about slack posts, I'll still check up on you from time to time!