Friday, April 25, 2008

Sushi and Cupcakes

I got an urge to make sushi last night, so I tried out the spicy tempeh rolls from V'con. Except mine weren't spicy at all because I didn't have any chili-sesame oil and my attempts to substitute it didn't work. It was a bit bland, but still good. And I even made some inside-out ones successfully!

I also felt like making cupcakes, so I made the chocolate mint ones from Vegan Cupcakes. The icing didn't hold up the way I thought it would, based on the picture in the book. Mine just kind of spread out and didn't hold the piping shape. Regardless, it was still delicious, and Billy loved these! There are none left today, except for one that I'm keeping for a friend. I have two pictures, I couldn't decide between the two :P

5 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

cupcakes look good honey..any left?
xxxooo
mom

Melissa said...

Billy ate all the leftovers!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I have trouble making pasteries! Nice job! Come visit me at: http://alaskanshelpinganimals.blogspot.com/

Abby Reed said...

I enjoy your blog. I'm a new vegan and write a blog about it often: abbyreed.blogspot.com