Thursday, June 19, 2008

Special Treat

I ordered some goodies from Vegan Essentials and they got here yesterday! I got Sweet n Sara's marshmallows and amaranth graham crackers (to make smores with of course). The marshmallows taste like the real deal without the gross stuff.

I also got Ricemellow Creme, which tastes so good! And was great on my peanut butter toast for breakfast. I'll have to figure out a way to use this to make rice krispies treats.

Soyatoo's Soy Whip was the star of my after-work snack last night....bananas layered with soy whip and topped with some chocolate and pecans. This tastes pretty close to whipped cream in a can...although it has a bit of a taste that's different. It was also good on my hot chocolate this morning.

Here are the crab cakes I made from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch. I'm all out of remoulade sauce, which pretty much looks like 1000 island dressing. So tonite, I'll be serving my crab cake on whole wheat rotini with tomato sauce.

To use up some bananas, I made the banana wheat germ muffins from Veganomicon. Yummy! These are made with whole wheat and wheat germ, so they're healthy, but the banana also gives it a great sweet flavour. And they're only about 170 calories per muffin.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about your VeganEssentials order! I was wondering if you had to pay extra taxes and if the shipping was really expensive to have it shipped to Canada?

Good luck finding some yummy treats to make with the ricemellow creme! :)

Catherine Weber said...

I should invest in some marshmallows . . . we're going camping in a couple of weeks! Must have s'mores!

Melissa said...

The taxes weren't very much...but to ship from Wisconsin to Ontario was about 17 dollars.

Anonymous said...

They have that soy whip here, but in a blue can! lol

Unknown said...

I'm SO ordering from Vegan Essentials...I've been craving a substitute for whipped cream lately! Thanks so much for your post!

And everything looks so tasty - as usual!

Unknown said...

OK - I just ordered from VE and got some soyatoo...was it supposed to stay refrigerated while in transit? I just received my order and wondered if I can still eat it...please let me know!

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to try the marshmalllow. You never really know! I can't wait to make rice krispie bars.

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

I recently tried the Soyatoo whipped topping
as well - it was great on sweet potato pie.

I found both items at Whole Foods in Phoenix.

There is a picture on my blog:
www.creativelifeskills.blogspot.com