Sunday, April 24, 2011

300!!

No, not the half-naked kind of 300....it's my 300th blog post! And yay, I have dessert to show as a celebration. Things just work out for me that way :P

Billy and I went to visit the in-laws this weekend for Easter. As usual, I had a plate piled high with yummy, cruelty-free food (which I ate too quickly to take a picture of). I had Tofurky and gravy, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, buns, and stuffing. Delicious....also, we stayed a night at my brother in law's new apartment, and him and his fabulous girlfriend made us a yummy mexican pasta. Gotta love being spoiled (and not cooking every once in a while).

Dessert was a low fat chocolate bundt cake with cherry filling and "whipped" topping. My MIL found a tofu based "whipped cream" recipe. While it wasn't the same consistency as cool whip, it was actually really good and added a little decadence to the cake, which was similar to a black forest cake.

The drive home was not a pleasant one for Dill (or my mom's car). She ate something and has been sick since last night. She puked no less than 10 times in the car :(


A big thank you to those that read this blog. Here's to 300 more!

6 comments:

radioactivegan said...

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to your next 300 :)

Emma said...

Congrats! Really enjoy reading :)

Anonymous said...

happy 300th!

Anonymous said...

you go girl!!! and kisses to sweet Dill poor baby

that cake looks awesome

xxxooo
mom

May Stephens said...

Wow. We've been so busy I missed this! Glad I'm getting caught up now.
Was very happy to make the cake for you so we could all enjoy dessert together.
Congrats on 300, here's to the next 300!

Anonymous said...

way to go!!
for more inspiration check out
www.thetravellingcarrot.com