Monday, April 25, 2011

Surprise!

I just came back from a surprise birthday dinner for my dear friend Caroline. We ate at Respect is Burning and wow, it was good. The owner came over when he heard I was vegan and offered to make me a pasta dish off the menu with tons of yummy stuff. I told him no capers, no olives, please and have at 'er! I was not disappointed. I don't like to take food pictures at swanky restaurants, but it was fusilli with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, greens, and lots of flavour!

My friend Erica, the baker extraordinaire, made delicious vegan cupcakes for everyone (since Caroline is also vegan). OMG They were sooooooo good. Dense chocolate cupcakes topped with a sweet raspberry icing. I love going out and getting so much delicious food. It just tastes better when you don't have to do it yourself.

I brought Billy home a cupcake since it was a girls only dinner and managed to snap a quick picture before he ate it.


Happy Birthday Caroline! xoxo

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Oh, that cupcake looks good... And yes, sometimes it is so nice do let somebody else do the cooking / baking.