Saturday, May 28, 2011

Camping-vegan style

Hubby and I went camping with a big group of friends on May long. What a blast! And I wanted to have fantastical food and meals with me, rather than relying on veggie dogs and burgers (although they came along for the ride too...). With a little planning and prepping, it is definitely possible to eat like kings while camping!

Not pictured, I grilled up a seitan steak from Veganize this, with BBQ sauce. I served it with couscous and pea salad from La Dolce Vegan and Prospect Park Potato Salad from Veganomicon. Chilled salads like that are perfect for camping, since you don't have to worry about warming them up, and they're very satisfying.

Also, I prepped everything I needed to make tofu scramble, so all I did to do in the morning was saute it on the propane stove. Mmmm it was sooooo good, served with a banana nut muffin (La Dolce Vegan).


I also had Yves chicken burgers and soy hot dogs, which hit the spot roasted on the fire. Throw in lots of fresh veggies and fruit (prewashed and chopped), and I did not feel deprived at all.

Breakfast on the last day was this delicious grilled bacon tempeh in a TLT sandwich. Oh god, it was good.






Also, last week my staff had a potluck salad lunch. I contributed potato salad from La Dolce Vegan. Yes, those are grapes, and they're actually quite nice in potato salad!


Wolffie's B'nanner bars! From La Dolce Vegan...I love these cakey bars. They've got a buttercream frosting on them.

1 comment:

Catherine Weber said...

I love taking awesome food camping, too!