Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year Pt 2 !

Food pictures continued!

We are going to a friend's house tonight to celebrate New Year's, so I'm bringing some goodies.

Cappuccino Cupcakes with Espresso Pastry Creme- Vegan Cupcakes
I'm saving mine for tonight, but the creme and the batter were yummy so I think these will be great! There's creme inside the cupcake too :)


Cheesecake Strawberries
Ah yeah, that's right! I came across a blog with the recipe for these when I was on StumbleUpon.com, and had to make them! The only thing I had to change to veganize them was to use Tofutti cream cheese. It's cream cheese filling inside the strawberry, then dipped in graham crumbs. Soooo good! (And only about 20 calories a piece!)



I got a blender from my paternal grandparents so I made a delicious fruit and veggie smoothie this morning: Mango-cranberry with arugula and apple juice (from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food)


Spinach Mushroom calzones- Vegan Italiano
This was dinner last night. Not the greatest picture, but I wanted to eat it! It was kind of a pain stuffing in the spinach, mushrooms, and onions into the little rectangles, but worth it.


My maternal grandparents got me an ice cream maker for Christmas!!! I'm soooo excited to make soy-free vegan ice cream. My first batch was vanilla (from The Vegan Scoop), made with a combo of oat milk and coconut creamer. I had it with vanilla pound cake from Veganomicon. It tastes so good, and better than store bought. I think I'll reduce the sugar amount next time as even I found it a tad too sweet.


Gnocchi with ground round and veggies
This is a kinda made up recipe because I didn't have any pasta sauce. Ground round with diced tomatoes, carrots, garlic, onions, basil and oregano.


Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread- from thepastryaffair.com

Make this! I also discovered this on Stumble and immediately after showing Billy the pictures he was on his way to the store to buy yeast! It's balls of bread dough dipped in garlic butter and then piled together in a bundt pan. When it's done baking, you pull apart the pieces to eat. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tasty dipped in marinara.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I am in love with those cheesecake stuffed strawberries, Thanks so much for the link. All the food looks amazing as well I am happy you had a safe and happy new years!! have a great day!