Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rant about "neighbours"

I live in an apartment building, mostly with seniors. Anyways, this morning, Billy and I were lounging in bed talking. The cat was on the windowill, which is like a shelf and is hidden by our blinds. We hear Logan start meowing really weirdly, like he's freaked out. So I got up and peaked through a slat in the blind and a woman had her dog pressed up to the window in the cat's face and it was barking at him!

First of all, get away from my window. Second of all, you enjoy scaring kittens? (I was going to say something really mean here, but I'll keep my mouth shut on that). Logan got over it pretty quick when we took him away and distracted him with a toy. Billy looked out again and the woman was walking away kind of looking back at us. I hope I meet her outside someday, I'll have a few choice words. We've never seen her before, its a big building.

Our apartment is ground floor, with the window right by the exit door used by most people on nearby floors. I've actually been walking into the building when people cross the lawn and peek into the window (If Billy leaves the blinds up while he's home). Hello!?!? How would you like it if I came snooping around your place??

Anyways, I hope this never happens again, because the cat really likes sitting at the window and looking outside. He shouldn't have to put up with that in his "safe place". If it does happen again, you can bet your butt I'm going to the landlord.

Thanks for letting me rant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when people do that! The last apartment I had was a ground floor with a patio, unfenced, my obnoxious upstairs neighbors used to hang out and smoke on it! Especially annoying because I'm a nonsmoker. Between them and the other people walking by looking in, I hated that place.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to talk to that particular neighbor, sounds like you were nicer than me, I'd've probably started yelling at her from the window!

Brandie

Anonymous said...

What a sicko! I'm a little fired up just reading about this... I'd totally support you speaking to her about it, or to the landlord for that matter.