Sunday, April 17, 2011

WIPs: Works in Progress

I recently finished a zigzag pillow cover and now I'm knitting another one (from the same pattern book). This is using Bernat Super Value Solids (100% acrylic) in Forest Green. It is using up the leftover yarn from the sofa blanket I made earlier this year. So while I may hate my couch, I will love the super comfy blanket and two matching pillow covers! This one is easier to knit than the zigzag pattern as it's a bit more repetitive and intuitive, so I don't have to check the pattern every minute.



I'm always searching out new vegan knitting blogs to find out about the best non-animal fibers out there. I've recently added some of my favourites to my blogroll. Anyways, I thought I would say a little about the yarns I use for my projects for anyone else searching for this information.
My latest work in progress, garden gloves, is made using Debbie Bliss Ecobaby 100% fairtrade organic cotton (in sage). I found it to be very splitty at first, while casting on, but once the project got under way it improved drastically. It's nice and squishy and I love the colour! It's softer than some other cottons I've used. I got it at my local yarn store for 7.95 a skein (50g).


The glove is a simple stockinette stitch, with ribbing for the wrist. There will be individual fingers for the gloves, without fingertips.

No comments: