Saturday, May 07, 2011

Endings and Beginnings

Here's my latest finished object, a block pattern sofa pillow. One side is all green, the other is stripes of green and grey. It matches my cabled throw, my couch and my walls :) I just used our old pillows, which didn't match anything in the living room anymore.





And my latest project, bamboo socks. This is Dye-Version bamboo fingering yarn (100% bamboo). I bought this skein of yarn without a project in mind, but I loved the colours (it's name is Jewel). When I check Ravelry's pattern database I found that this yarn is used primarily for shawls. I didn't want a shawl so I decided to make socks since I like variegated yarn, but not as a large clothing item (not my style). I think my feet deserved to be pampered with a little bit of beautifully coloured bamboo...don't you??

No comments: